MONTEREY COUNTY — The March 5, 2024, Presidential Primary Election is almost here, and there are a couple of things voters should know to get vote ready.
Monterey County local voter information guides and ballots will begin mailing soon. State voter information guides will also begin mailing directly from the state.
All active voters will receive a ballot in the mail and in-person voting options will be available.
Important dates are as follows:
- Week of Jan. 29 — Local Voter Information Guides begin mailing
- Feb. 5 — Ballots mailed by this date; in-person voting available at the Monterey County Elections Office, 1441 Schilling Place in Salinas
- Feb. 20 — Deadline to register to vote
- Feb. 21 — Same day voter registration period begins
- Feb. 24 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday voting at the Monterey County Elections Office
- Feb. 27 — Last day the Elections Office will mail ballots to voters; last day recommended for voters to return ballots via USPS; Elections Satellite Office, Embassy Suites, 1441 Canyon Del Rey Blvd. in Seaside opens for early in-person voting
- March 2-3 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., weekend voting at Monterey County Elections and Embassy Suites in Seaside
- March 5 — Last day to vote in-person or return ballots. Voting ends at 8 p.m.
Pop-up and flex voting dates and times will be announced in the coming weeks.
The local voter information guide is available online at tinyurl.com/VIG-and-Poll-Place-Look-up.
The state voter guide is available online at voterguide.sos.ca.gov.
Voters can check their voter information, including party and address, by visiting voterstatus.sos.ca.gov.
Voters can track their ballot at every step of the way by signing up for BallotTrax at montereycounty.ballottrax.net/voter/.
Thinking about volunteering with Monterey County Elections? There’s still time. Call 831-796-1485 to sign up to be a poll worker and help Monterey County vote.
For more information, call 831-796-1499 or visit montereycountyelections.us.